Thursday, November 21, 2013

Feeling Lucky and Loved

OK, so normally, I'm not the bragging type...but I simply must take a moment to gush on my amazing husband, Marshall.  Not only has he been my best friend for many years, but he has been the most wonderful partner since we've been together.  We've been through many of life's obstacles together, and each experience has brought us closer in love.  This pregnancy has perhaps been the most significant life event, and through it all, Marshall has been the most attentive, thoughtful, loving, and considerate husband he could possibly be.  I just wanted to share some of the things he's done to make me feel so special...and how blessed and proud I am to call him mine!  So - if you're the jealous type - now might be a good time to just close this window :)

  • He puts on my socks and shoes for me every morning.
  • He cleans the house without me even asking!
  • He makes salads for my lunch, and even puts the croutons in a ziplock bag so they won't get soggy.
  • He'll go out to get frozen yogurt when I'm having a craving and already in my PJs.
  • He talks and reads to the baby, and loves to feel his movements in my belly.
  • He puts up with all my lists and helps me get baby preparation tasks accomplished.
  • He understands when I can't control my emotions, and gives me the best hugs.
  • He makes delicious dinners and cleans up afterwards.
  • He's scooped and changed the cat litter for the last 35 weeks and hasn't complained once!
  • He traded loofahs with me because the one I bought was really scratchy.
  • He plays with my hair and rubs my feet.
  • He tells me I'm beautiful, even when I'm feeling huge and frumpy.
  • He takes the time to tell my family how much he loves them too.
  • He's been to every doctor's appointment and ultrasound, even when it wasn't convenient.
  • He's painted the nursery and playroom, and put together strollers, swings, and pack-n-plays.
  • He works so hard to provide for his family.
  • He is truly ecstatic about being a daddy :)

So what brought on this sudden flood of emotions?  On top of the daily little things like those above, a gift box of beautiful flowers was delivered to my kindergarten room today...with a very sweet note - from baby to me (see photo below).  Here is what the note said:  "Dear Mommy, I wanted to say I love you and can't wait to meet you too!  You're going to be the best mommy in the world!  See you soon!!!"  I know our little boy will grow up learning some valuable life lessons about how to demonstrate true love...we are both so lucky to have Marshall in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment