Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 Has Been a Great Year

It's hard to believe that little Colin is already 2 weeks old!  The advice that we've heard the most from family and friends is how quickly the time goes by, and to cherish every minute...I can say that I'm already finding that to be so true!  Marshall and I are learning so much about our son, and I think he's learning a lot about us too.  We're amazed at how inquisitive he is about the world around him.  It's as if he's just taking it all in.  He loves looking outside, and has begun to study our faces and his surroundings much more closely.  He's most content after eating, and makes the cutest smiley and kissy faces!  We had a follow-up doctor's appointment this morning to check his weight, and I'm happy to report that Colin now weighs 7 pounds!  I'm such a proud mama :)  That also means that I no longer have to stress about waking him in the middle of the night to eat...he's been pretty good about letting us know when he's hungry or needs a diaper change anyway!  Since it is New Year's Eve, I've found myself reflecting quite a bit on this past year.  It's been a very big year for us, to say the least.  Here are some of the things that have made 2013 one of the best years of my life:
  • We bought and moved into our dream house at the end of January
  • We found out I was pregnant on April 16th!
  • Marshall began his new role at Premier in business/corporate development
  • Marshall graduated with his EMBA on May 3rd
  • We watched some of our best friends, Aubrey and Chris, get married in July
  • We got our new car, a Ford Explorer in August
  • I began a new role as a math teacher and kindergarten assistant at school, which I have loved
  • The Carolina Panthers made the playoffs!  It's been an exciting NFL football season (wish I could say the same about the Gators and the Boilers...)
  • Our sweet angel, Colin, was born on December 18th...he was the best Christmas gift we could ever have asked for!
  • Our family and friends have provided so much loving support throughout my pregnancy, labor, and postpartum recovery.  We are forever grateful!
I know that 2014 will bring with it a multitude of new and wonderful experiences, as we watch our little boy grow, discover, and learn.  My New Year's resolution will be to savor every moment, and do my best to capture them all in video and photo!  Here are some cute moments from the past week.  Enjoy, and Happy New Year!







No comments:

Post a Comment