Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mixed Emotions

This year, for my 34th birthday, (wait...is that NEXT WEEK?!?!) Marshall is taking me on a trip to the Bahamas!  This will be our first REAL vacation, for just the two of us.  We've gone on some amazing trips together for weddings, to visit family, and even to Europe with Marshall's EMBA program, but there's always been a separate agenda.  This vacation is just for us, and we're both really excited.  Oh, and REALLY anxious.  Well, more ME than Marshall, but that's just a part of who I am!  As the trip approaches (we leave on Monday), I am finding myself to be more and more emotional about leaving my precious baby boy (yes, there have been a few teary meltdowns!).  Everyone has assured me that not only will everything be FINE, but it's really healthy for both us and Colin.  The pediatrician even said that this is really a good time to be taking a trip because Colin isn't having the attachment issues that he'll most likely have by the time he's about 6 months old.  So, it'll just be a matter of getting over MY attachment issues!  Colin will be in good hands with Grandma Kimmie and Grandpa John, so no worries there.  I've typed up a completely obsessive list of schedules and notes about sleeping, eating, playing, and bath time (hey, at least I can admit that I'm totally neurotic, right?).  And we'll just have to suck up the extra cost to text, call, and FaceTime when I'm really missing our little guy.  We're staying at an all-inclusive resort on Paradise Island for 3 nights.  Aside from having to pump, it will be a much needed break for us both.  I'm looking forward to sipping drinks with umbrellas, working on my tan, eating yummy food, and sleeping in.  And at least I won't have to worry about being sad when it's all over, because we get to come home to our sweet little baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment