Thursday, March 6, 2014

Week 11 Update

I'm happy to report that Colin and I have both become pretty comfortable getting out and about these days, especially as the weather is starting to get a little warmer.  We try to make the gym a part of our daily routine now, and the ladies at the YMCA childcare just adore him!  I have to admit that the first time I dropped him off was a little nerve-racking, but probably more for me than for him.  He did really well, and gave my confidence a boost enough to return the following day.  It's been several weeks now, and I'm really glad that we're both used to it.  Not only is it a great way to break up the day, but it gives Colin a chance to interact with other caregivers and allows me an uninterrupted break for some much needed exercise.  I'm really proud of us both :)

We've also had several successful outings to friends' houses, shopping trips, and to the grocery store.  I've learned that Colin is really an easygoing baby, and I know we're very lucky for that!  My next big challenge will be to leave him for a few days at the beginning of next month, as Marshall has planned a surprise getaway trip for us!  Colin will be staying with Grandpa John and Grandma Kimmie, and I know he's in good hands.  Just as long as I can check in and do some FaceTime, cause I know I'll be missing his sweet little face so much!  Here are some new photos, because I'm sure you're missing him too :)

More bath time fun!  He looks so much bigger since the last bath tub photos at 4 weeks!


Marshall put together Colin's activity bouncer this week.  He hasn't learned to bounce (his feet don't quite reach the floor yet!) but he loves looking at all the toys.



The weather was beautiful this past Sunday, so we enjoyed the afternoon on the lawn in John and Kimmie's backyard.  There were so many new things for Colin to see and hear!  Bring on Spring!



No comments:

Post a Comment