Thursday, May 8, 2014

Aunt Rose Visits

We had a very special guest yesterday...my Great Aunt Rose (and Colin's Great Great Aunt Rose)!  Aunt Rose is one of the most important people in my life.  Many of my wonderful childhood memories are attributed to this amazing woman.  We reminisced during our visit about the toys we used to play with together (my favorites were the Russian stacking dolls and ceramic zoo animals), and the books we loved to read over and over.  I cherished our walks together, and how she taught me to tap out songs with my finger on the piano.  In a previous blog, I wrote about a special book she gave me called "My Favorite Things."  This book sits on Colin's shelf and I read it to him often, so he can enjoy it - and eventually memorize it - as I once did.  It was so nice to be able to spend the day with Aunt Rose, and she loved playing with Colin and seeing our house.  I'm hoping we'll be able to get down to Florida soon so Colin can meet the rest of the Mackey clan!  Thank you for coming to visit us, Aunt Rose...we love you very much!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment