Thursday, May 15, 2014

My 1st Mother's Day!

This past Sunday, we were invited to celebrate my very first Mother's Day in a special way.  Marshall's sister Ginna and her fiance Blake belong to a boat club on Lake Norman near where they have just moved.  They invited us along with Marshall's parents for brunch on the boat, including donuts, fruit, and champagne!  It was delightful.  The weather was perfect, and we all really enjoyed this outing.  We even dressed the part - all matching in red, navy, and blue nautical wear :)  Colin loved being on the boat and cruising around the lake.  There was a covered area for him to nap, but he was just too entranced with the new sights and sounds around him to sleep.  Marshall (and Colin!) gave me a beautiful necklace from Tiffanys - a sterling silver medallion made of tiny hearts.  It will always remind me of this special day, but my greatest gift ever is our little bundle of joy.  I love being a mother more than I could ever have imagined.  I'm so glad that my dream has finally come true, and I'm looking forward to many more special Mother's Days! 

Here's a cute family pic to commemorate the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment