Friday, September 20, 2013

Sugar Highs in the Morning

Today's doctor appointment involved a glucose screening test for gestational diabetes...which meant that I had to down a very sugary fruit punch drink at 8:00 am, then go to the lab to get more blood taken.  My results should be in next week, and will let me know if I tested negative for gestational diabetes, or if I have to come back for a more extensive test.  So fingers crossed!  The rest of my appointment went well...we listened to baby's heartbeat and doc measured my torso to show that I'm about 27 weeks - right on track!  I won't have another ultrasound until 36 weeks though...guess I was a little spoiled at first.  I've also only gained 13 pounds, and doc says that is perfectly fine, so I'm very happy with that.  I'll now start to see my doctor biweekly.  Maybe we'll actually get to the Ballantyne office, which is basically walking distance from our house, rather than having to drive all the way to uptown for our visits.  Our doctor is only in Ballantyne once a week, so we haven't even stepped foot inside the door.  Oh, and we found out that Marshall's insurance will cover a breast pump 100%!  That will save about $400, if we can get a script for the double electric hands-free version...can't wait for Marshall to come home for lunch one afternoon to find me washing dishes with a baby strapped to my back and a double breast-pump strapped to my front.  That visual should keep you going for a while.  You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment