Thursday, September 19, 2013

Welcome to My Baby Blog!

A good friend of ours suggested that I start a blog to document my trials and tribulations throughout pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing home baby...so I thought I'd give it a shot.  So here goes nothing!  Welcome!  Just to be clear, my "adventures in baby making" refer not to tales of conception (that part happened quite some time ago), but to the actual progress of growing a person.  MAKING A HUMAN!!!  Every time I think about it, I'm amazed at what a miracle it really is.  Since I'm just now beginning this blog, here's a little recap of the past 6 months to catch you up on our progress so far.

Marshall and I discovered we were pregnant on April 16th, 2013.  We were overjoyed, especially after going through a difficult miscarriage in December.  So needless to say, I was also a little terrified.  We made it through the first trimester with relatively few complaints...I was very lucky to not have to suffer with any morning sickness, and only had to deal with fatigue and allergies.  My second trimester was also ideal.  I was out of school for the summer, and had enough energy to make it to the gym everyday, and did quite a bit of shopping for the house, nursery, and for my growing belly.  We found out on August 5th that we would be having a boy!  Again, we were thrilled!  Marshall can't wait to coach little league teams, and I'm already dreaming about being a football mom.  Tests have come back normal, I'm feeling great, and I can feel our little guy kicking, poking, and squirming all the time now.  We even listen to his heartbeat with a stethoscope from time to time.  Just this week, I began my third trimester!  I can't believe that we're now on the home-stretch.  We've painted the nursery, have furniture on order, picked out colors and fabrics, and registered at Buy Buy Baby for everything we'll need and more.  We even have a playroom all set up! 

Baby Boy Rothwell is scheduled to arrive on December 25th...Christmas Day!  That's in 97 days, or 3 months and 6 days, or 13 weeks and 6 days...according to Siri.  I hope you will continue to visit my blog for updates on everything baby.  I'll include some photos along the way as well.  Please feel free to comment back!  Thanks for being a part of this incredible journey with us.  Marshall and I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment