Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A Very Busy Boy!

Throughout the last week or two, we've been taking Colin out and about in the car and stroller!  He's been on two shopping trips to Southpark Mall, for a stroll along the 4-Mile Creek Greenway, to happy hour at Napa on Providence to meet Marshall's EMBA classmates, and to a few friends' houses for dinner and even a Superbowl party!  While Colin still fights getting into his carseat at first, he usually falls asleep after riding around for a few minutes in the car.  The carseat attaches directly to the stroller, so it's an easy transition when taking him out of the car.  I'm starting to get more comfortable with taking him places, even though I usually pack as if we're going to the moon for a week!  My next venture will be to take him to the YMCA with me so I can get back into my gym routine.  Our Y branch has a great drop-off child care service, which my neighbors use regularly and all rave about.  You can drop in with your child during the morning or evening hours and they'll babysit for up to 2 hours at a time.  I stopped by last night to register Colin and check it all out.  The facility seems nice, and I'm currently working up the courage to drop my little baby off sometime in the foreseeable future!  I'm ready to get back into ALL of my pre-preggo pants, and am eagerly anticipating warmer weather and spring clothes.  Bathing suit season will be here before I know it!

Colin's little personality is really starting to shine these days!  He smiles at me all the time, and makes lots of cute noises...his version of conversation with me.  He also mimics sounds that I make and even sticks his tongue out to copy me!  Marshall and I are amazed at how strong he is.  He can easily hold his head up on his own now, and he pushes out his legs as if he's trying to stand.  He loves laying on his activity mats and kicking the keys on the piano.  He notices his reflection in the mirror that hangs above him and reaches for the other dangling toys as well.  Colin is very alert and it's so cool to watch him interact with and explore the world around him. 

Here are some photos of our outing on the greenway, and a couple new ones of Colin playing on his activity mat (I'm working on figuring out how to upload videos...having some technical difficulties at the moment!)

.





No comments:

Post a Comment