Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Another Good Check-Up!

I'm feeling incredibly blessed and happy today :)  We went to our next doctor's appointment this afternoon, and had another great check-up!  The baby is measuring at 29 weeks, so we're right on track.  We even got to feel where his head and bottom are!  He's currently facing down, so hopefully he'll stay in that position until he's ready to be born.  It was exciting to know how he's positioned so we can try to imagine which of those crazy movements are kicks and which are punches!  His heartbeat was also very strong...probably even a little elevated after all the poking and prodding we were doing.  I'm still feeling great, although it is getting harder and harder to bend over.  Marshall is helping me put on my shoes on a regular basis now.  I've read that the baby is actively using all of his senses now, and there is some major brain development taking place this week.  I've also read that he's about the size of a basketball!  I don't feel like he could be that big, especially because people continue to seem shocked to hear that I'm already 7 months (per the lady at the checkout line at Publix a few days ago: "You're 7 months pregnant?!  I looked like you when I was at 3 months!").  I've gained about 14 pounds total now, but my doctor reassures me that I'm right on track.  I'm so lucky that this pregnancy has been so easy so far...I just hope it's a sign of how my labor will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment