Sunday, October 27, 2013

Our Maternity Center Tour

Today we visited the maternity center at Presbyterian Hospital where we'll deliver.  It was a really great experience!  We got a basic run-through of what will happen when we arrive on our "labor day," including a tour of the birthing center, postpartum rooms, nurses station, and waiting areas.  I must say that the facility was really beautiful...the rooms were very spacious, bright, and clean.  I was happy to see that all the rooms were private with restrooms complete with showers...the birthing rooms even have jacuzzi tubs!  The hospital really tries to provide amenities that a hotel would have, such as hair dryers, TVs, music systems, linens, etc.  I will, of course, be bringing my own pillows :)  The hallways were quiet and orderly, and it seems that every attempt is made to accommodate moms, babies, and visitors.  They even have 24 hour rooming in for babies - no nursery stays unless the baby needs medical intervention.  All of the equipment was very high-tech and modern as well.  I was pleasantly surprised that the tour really confirmed my expectations about the big day, and left feeling even more at ease.  Now I just need to restrain the urge to pack my hospital bag!

No comments:

Post a Comment