Thursday, October 3, 2013

Preggo-brain Pitfalls

Have you ever read the children's book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day?  In the story, Alexander is a kid who wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, and it's all downhill from there...he gets gum stuck in his hair, trips on his skateboard, has a cavity at the dentist, and lima beans for dinner.  I feel ya, Alex.  This was my kinda day today.  The kind where everything seems to go wrong, and before you know it, the most insignificant things have piled up on you and brought you to tears.  OK, they brought me to tears.  Poor Marshall has been tiptoeing around me all night, trying to be as sweet and helpful as possible...and I love him so much for it.  We both know that this whole pregnancy thing is filled with a roller coaster of emotions, due to all of my raging hormones.  But the preggo-brain - I didn't expect that.  I think it's what's lead to the vast majority of my pitfalls today.  Nothing major, just not my typical OCD self!  I did, however, manage to make beef stroganoff for dinner, and baked an upside-down caramel apple cake for Mary's birthday tomorrow, as she and Dad are coming for a visit this weekend.  I think I'll be OK now...unlike Alexander, who believes the answer is to move to Australia.  But I'm pretty happy right here at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment