Monday, October 28, 2013

My Favorite Things

One of the most wonderful people I have ever known is my Great Aunt Rose Marie Mackey. I have so many special childhood memories with her, and she'll always have a big piece of my heart. Today, I got a sweet baby gift from her in the mail - 3 onesies, 2 of which are for baby's first Christmas. They're so cute! I'm already imagining bringing him home from the hospital in one, and taking his picture under our tree. But the best part of the gift was a book that she sent called "My Favorite Things," which we read over and over together when I was little. I even hear her voice as I read it back to myself today. It brought tears to my eyes when I opened it, and it now has a special place on the nursery bookshelf. I can't wait to read it to our little boy, and tell him how his Great Great Aunt Rose used to read it to his mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment